Coronavirus (COVID-19): the policing response and what you need to know
A major incident has been declared by the Avon and Somerset Local Resilience Forum (LRF) to help with the multi-agency response to the COVID-19 coronavirus.
Keeping communities safe
- Guidance from the Government on helping others: Across the UK people are playing their part and providing essential support. Find out how to help others safely.
- Government COVID-19 Information Service on WhatsApp: Find out about the GOV.UK Coronavirus Information Service on WhatsApp.
- Support the NHS: NHS Volunteer Responders has been set up to support the NHS and the care sector during the COVID-19 outbreak. Sign up as a volunteer online.
- Action Fraud: Criminals may use the coronavirus pandemic to carry out scams online, over the phone, or in person. Visit the Action Fraud website for the latest advice.
- Helping the elderly and vulnerable: We know communities are rallying around to help the elderly and vulnerable over the coming days and weeks. Check your local authority website for details of how you can help. In Bristol, you can visit the Can Do website to register schemes and check what’s already set-up. Somerset County Council has a dedicated COVID-19 page on their website with links and contacts.
Congresbury Bowls Club – CLUB is CLOSED INDEFINITELY due to the Coronavirus pandemic and the advice given by Government. At this point in time, ALL MATCHES FOR 2020 ARE SUSPENDED. Should we be in a position to resume activities at some point in the summer, the CBC Committee will be in touch.
Stay well and stay safe.